Dragon Ball Xenoverse (In-Character Posts Only)

• Orenji walked up to the saiyan. “Yeah. I was in your class earlier today. The names Orenji, I’m one the top time patrollers in Conton City. Did you come for a spar? If so, you better be ready. And maybe based on your performance, I MIGHT take you under my wings. So what do you say? Two saiyans in the Wastelands would be a great sparring session. (And would be a big step to finally master ki control)” The Saiyan thought to himself as he took off his Scouter and set it down preparing for what could be an amazing sparri g session. He stood in his battle stance as he awaits the response from the female Saiyan. “Imagine, with my training, you’ll reach the top sooner than you think.” He added on as the winds of the wasteland start to blow. “Once you reach your full potiential, Whis can help you achieve Super. Saiyan. Blue. How does that sound?”

• Polar came charging up the steps to the Time Nest. He hadn’t bothered to take the time to change out of his battle gear, and oversight the Supreme Kia was sure to notice, but he’d didn’t care at present. This was far too important to waste time on fineries.

Some Moments Ago:

“Polar! Polar? Do you read me?” The Kai of Time called into the receiver. 'We can’t locate you. There must be some distortion in the time rift your in. Listen! When you get this you need to come to the Time Nest straight away. Freon and Trunks have gone missing."

It had taken the noble clansman some time to understand it; but over time he had accepted it as fact. Freon was his son. Technically, he had no child, not yet anyway. But Freon had been summoned by the dragon, much like Pumpki was, and had no need to follow recognizable causality. At some point in his own future, Polar would bear a son. Freon had no doubt recognized his father at their first meeting, but Polar could only guess at how much older he would grow before he became the father that Freon knew.

Polar felt a strange tightening in his chest, and a burning desire. If anything ad happened to his son…he would make the perpetrator wish he’d never been conceived. Polar rushed into the time nest, where the two Kai were already waiting. The pair turned to him in surprise, mostly at his suddenness.

“Supreme Kai! I’m here!”

• Pumki pulled her head back in contemplation as Orenji boasted, challenged and enticed the saiyan girl.

“Oh, umm… hi,” she smiled in thought while still straddling her monocycle. “I’m Pumki. Umm, no – I didn’t drive out here looking to spar; just wanted to check out the sights. Figured there might be a fun place to camp for the night.” She glanced around at the rising mesas surrounding them, then back to Orenji. "And I’m afraid I already have a trainer and mentor. You probably know him… he’s another of the big-shots around the Time Patrollers by name of Polar. Lord Polar.

“As for sparring anyway…” she shrugged a little. “I suppose a little exercise couldn’t hurt.”

• “Oh yeah, I remember Polar. We used to go on missions before he was assigned to train you.” Orenji nodded as he felt his blood boliling as he saw Pumki getting ready to spar. “Don’t hold anything back, I wanna see how much potential you have. Show me your saiyan strength!” He shouted as he waited for the right time to charge at the young female Saiyan. This was just the opportunity he was looking for, this sparring session (if it goes the length he wants it to) is the key for him to master perfect Ki control. Ever since he became one of the elite time patrollers, his goal has been to achieve the strongest Saiyan form. Super Saiyan Blue. Once he gets Vegeta and Whis see his potential, he’ll finally reach the pinnacle of his saiyan power.

• Shit! thought Pumki as Orenji suddenly charged her. So much for pleasantries and warm ups! The tiny saiyan girl vaulted back off the seat of her monocycle, arcing in a crescent through the desert air before landing cat-like on her feet. Her hands smoothed down her skirt out of habit before curling into fists before her eyes.

“Wait!” She said, realizing her glasses were still on, then plucks them from her face and rests them atop her cycle.

“Okay… game on.” A halo of ki energy erupted around Pumki before launching herself at Orenji. Her fists and feet alternated in a flurry of combinations… cunning, precise, with needle-point accuracy. The technique of a warrior who had spent a lifetime, or more, training… but the speed and power of a relative neophyte.

((OOC: I place Pumki’s power level similar to Goku’s at the start of the Ginyu Saga.))

• Orenji could read through the Female Saiyan’s flurry, blocking and catching every blow she throws. He then grabbed her wrist and then launched her back with a Ki blast to the chest. He then launched himself towards her releasing a flurry of punches connecting with every blow. Once he connected the final blow, knocking her back, the male saiyan reached both hands behind his back creating a blue sphere of Ki. He then launched it as he yelled out the word “Roar!” Once he saw that he main blast connected, he followed it up it a volley of ki blasts.

• Pumki felt like little more than a child’s rag-doll being tossed aside. Ki blasts concussed against her chest and a flurry of blows snapped her head back and forth with impacts that made it difficult to focus, even for a saiyan. She grit her teeth in frustration and went fully defensive, forearms barring across her face and suffering the brunt of Orenji’s ki volley.

“ROAR!”

Wait… did he just roar “Roar” at me? Maybe it was a technique she hadn’t learned yet… not like she didn’t have a penchant for screaming out the flashy names of her powers too.

After the third impact, Pumki draw ki around her to form an orange-tinted variation of Gohan’s Energy Barrier technique to ward of the rest of Orenji’s volley.

alt text

She knew it wouldn’t last long, but would at least give her a second to catch a second wind.

• Orenji saw that the rest of his Ki blast weren’t hitting her and decided to teleport behind the small female Saiyan. Once he appears behind her, he delivered a kick to her back that sent her flying upwards. He then follows the blow up with a heavy smash that sent her to the ground. Once he saw the cloud of dust, he slowly descended back to the ground. “Is that really all you got?” He shouted. “Where is your fire? Your power? Have you even learned super Saiyan yet!? A real Saiyan shouldn’t be backed into a corner this far into a fight! Stand up and show me your REAL power! If you won’t show it to me! I’ll have to fight it out of you!” He said as he slowly started walking over to her. “You have ten seconds to come at me.” He said as he began to count down. “Ten…Nine…Eight…Seven…Six…Five…Four…Three…Tw-“ Suddenly, Orenji stopped in his tracks, he felt a massive surge of Ki and a bright yellow-ish glow was beaming from where Pumki was. A smirk grew on his face. “Excellent…”

• Meanwhile…in the Time Nest.

“So that’s the situation…” Supreme Kai of Time finished. “Freon and Trunks haven’t responded in hours, and we can’t find them.”

“This is a most troubling occurrence.” Elder Kai added, holding his hand to his chin. “Those two aren’t prone to go off radar like that. This can only mean that something has happened to them.” The old man said, shaking his fist while stating the obvious.

Polar shook his head, not wanting to waste time listening the two Kai’s ramble. “Where was the last place you know they were?” He said, making a sweeping motion with his hand.

“Don’t interrupt!” The old man said, stomping his feet. Evidently he had been still talking 'The nerve of youngsters these days…"

“No, he’s right old man. We need to get on this right away” The other Ki interjected. “They were investigating a disturbance sometime around era 774!”

“Yes!” The old Kai resumed. “That’s around the time that Babidi came to Earth and revived Majin Buu…” he shook his head mournfully “Buu was once a destructive force on a scale the rivaled the God of Destruction. He even killed the former Supreme Kai.”

“Buu…” Polar growled darkly. The Buu he knew in this era was a shadow of his former self, and yet still powerful. “I don’t know if I can beat Buu.”

“Lucky for you, that isn’t your mission.” The female Kai said, raising her hand. “Your mission is to find our lost time patrollers, and stop whoever was causing the disturbance in the first place.”

“So, you think the two are connected?” Elder Kai asked, once again stating the obvious.

“Of course they are!” Polar shouted, his rage and frustration getting the better of him.

“Temper, temper…kids these days” The ancient Kai grumbled.

“Polar, you’re one of our best, but even you will need backup on this one. Go recruit Pumki and anther patroller you can count on for this.” The pink Kai finished. “And then report back to the Time Nest.”

“Yes Supreme Kai of Time!” He shouted and nodded his head. With that he raced off. Outside the time nest, the took to the sky and pushed the button on his scouter. “Okay…where are you Pumki……there!” He turned toward the wasteland.

• Blow after blow sent Pumki volleying back and forth as Orenji unloaded on her.

The damage was more distraction than anything else – pain and an inability to find focus more than anything she suspected would be permanent. Still, she can’t spar if she can’t even stand still for two seconds without being punched, kicked, kneed or elbowed.

He was screaming at her; chastising. Saiyan heritage or not, it appeared her human half wasn’t passing muster from her opponent’s point of view.

It was after suffering a hammer-blow to the face that she saw stars… a blur… a golden glow that grew hotter until her vision cleared and was revealed to be not gold, but an orange aura enveloping a source of great ki – Lord Polar.

“Uh… hey, boss…” Pumki winced out between ragged breaths, her hands cupped over her abdomen. “What brings you… out here? Want a piece of this too?” she laughed through the pain.