Any other cut and proud people here or...

• am I the only circumcised guy here who has no problem with it?
    If so, please even if you think you’re fighting for a good cause when trying to forbid parents to have their children circumcised, think about how much you’re actually hurting those who are already cut.
    I’ve never had a problem with my being cut, until I met people who were so ignorant and intolerant, mocking me telling me I was less natural and that they would never hook up with me because I was cut.
    Tell me, are those really good people? They’re uncut, so isn’t that supposedly better?
    No! Not necessarily. I’m cut and proud and my boyfriend has absolutely no problem with it. We’ve been together for three years now and we no problem with my being cut and him being uncut.
    I never blamed my family for my being cut, so why do strangers do? Please, think about how much you hurt people when you think you’re fighting for a good cause.
    Don’t make me feel miserable and insecure just because I have less skin on my fricken dick.
    Thanks.

• it seems kinda dumb to bug people about it.

• administrators

I’ve been against neonatal circumcision for many years now, and so far I haven’t met anybody who is against people who are circumcised, only people who are against circumcision itself.

I agree it’s unnecessary and bullyish to mock somebody for something they can’t control, that’s not what ‘intactivism’ is about. It’s about educating people on the real-life harms of circumcising infants, the long-term damage it can cause, up to and including death, and showing the scientific reasons behind choosing not to circumcise.

I’m cut myself, and yeah I think it sucks, but it hasn’t stopped me in any way from enjoying it. I know there are some things I’m missing out on, though, and I know if I ever one day adopt, that my kid won’t be put through what I was.

TL;DR most people against circumcision are against infant genital mutilation, not people who are cut themselves. Those people are just insecure and making fun of people to make themselves feel better. Stop the cycle, don’t cut your kids, ezpz